Military Construction program 

Norfolk District supports Army and Air Force installations in Virginia outside the military district of Washington with engineering, construction and project management services. The district handles major design and construction efforts for nine installations, Arlington National Cemetery, Defense Supply Center Richmond, Fort A.P. Hill, Fort Lee, Fort Pickett, the National Ground Intelligence Center, Radford Ammunition Plant and Joint Base Langley-Eustis.

Arlington National Cemetery

Norfolk District partnered with Arlington National Cemetery in 2011 to manage and oversee contracts at the cemetery, our nation's most hallowed ground. The District has assisted ANC with repairing the Eternal Flame, preserving the Tomb of the Unknowns, completing the cemetery's Millennium Project expansion. Additionally, the district is working on the Southern Expansion project, Rebuilding and repaving much of the roadway network through the cemetery as well as working on the programmatic agreement among ANC, the Virginia State Historic Preservation Office and the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation. The district has also constructed Columbariums, and renovated the Welcome Center and the cemetery's Administration Building.  Learn more about the projects and programs at Arlington National Cemetery


Image of Facebok logoImage of Twitter logo

Defense Supply Center Richmond

Image of DSCR logoDSCR supports more than 1,300 major weapon systems as the military's primary source for over 1.3 million repair parts and operating supply items.  Recently, the district completed building a new Operations Center for the installation. Learn more about the projects at DSCR

 

Fort A.P. Hill

Image of Fort A.P. Hill logoFort A.P. Hill, a regional training center, provides realistic joint and combined-arms training support to America's defense forces.  Learn more about what the project and programs the district is working on at Fort A.P. Hill
Facebook logoTwitter logo

Fort Lee

Image of Fort Lee logoFort Lee is the designated Army Sustainment Center of Excellence: a training base for military supply, subsistence, maintenance, munitions, transportation and more. Visit the Fort Lee project information page for additional information. 
Image of Facebook logoImage of Twitter logo

Joint Base Langley-Eustis

Image of JBLE logoJoint Base Langley-Eustis is home to both the Army and Air Force separated into two locations: Hampton and Newport News, Va. Visit the Langley Air Force Base project information page for addition information pertaining to District projects at JBLE Hampton. Visit the Fort Eustis project information page for addition information pertaining to District projects JBLE Newport News, Va. 
Image of JBLE logoImage of Twitter Logo

Radford Ammunition Plant

Radford logoRadford Army Ammunition Plant's mission is to manufacture propellants and explosives in support of field artillery, air defense, tank, missile, aircraft and Navy weapons systems.  Learn More about projects the district is working on at Radford Army Ammunition Plant
Facebook logo

Fort Pickett

Image of National Guard logoFort Pickett is a Virginia Army National Guard installation that dates back to 1941.  Visit the Fort Pickett information page for additional more information on the work the Norfolk District is doing at the installation. 
Facebook logo

 

After a nearly two-year, $13.8 million overhaul, the Arlington National Cemetery Administration Building re-opened for operations in early Aug. 2020.
Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Richmond’s Warehouse 11 is considered a historic building at Defense Supply Center Richmond, Virginia. The nearly 270,000-square-foot facility stores bulk material, parachutes and energy-dissipating pads for the Defense Department. Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will manage an $8.1 million renovation expected to get underway by fall. (Photo by Jackie Roberts/DLA Installation Support Branch)
Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Richmond’s Warehouse 11 is considered a historic building at Defense Supply Center Richmond, Virginia. The nearly 270,000-square-foot facility stores bulk material, parachutes and energy-dissipating pads for the Defense Department. Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will manage an $8.1 million renovation expected to get underway by fall. (Photo by Jackie Roberts/DLA Installation Support Branch)
Defense Logistics Agency Distribution Richmond’s Warehouse 11 is considered a historic building at Defense Supply Center Richmond, Virginia. The nearly 270,000-square-foot facility stores bulk material, parachutes and energy-dissipating pads for the Defense Department. Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will manage an $8.1 million renovation expected to get underway by fall. (Photo by Jackie Roberts/DLA Installation Support Branch)
In preparation for the 100th anniversary of the dedication of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, 11 November 2021, The Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has awarded a more than $6.3 million contract to clean, repoint, and provide universal access to the exterior of Arlington National Cemetery (ANC) Memorial Amphitheater.
Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is managing a $3.28 million restoration of Bellwood Manor House at the military supply depot in Richmond, Virginia. The house has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1978. Restoration work is expected to begin later this month and the project should be completed in a year. (Courtesy photo)
Norfolk District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is managing a $3.28 million restoration of Bellwood Manor House at the military supply depot in Richmond, Virginia. The house has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1978. Restoration work is expected to begin later this month and the project should be completed in a year. (Courtesy photo)
James Bellwood is pictured with his wife, Helen, at the Richmond, Virginia, manor in 1915.
Because of its proximity to the James River and established railroad lines and roads in Virginia, Bellwood Manor was purchased by the federal government in 1941 for use as a military supply depot, under Army Quartermaster Corps command. It’s now Defense Supply Center Richmond. (Courtesy photo)