The fiscal year 2014 Operations Center will provide Defense Logistics Agency Aviation with up-to-date operational and administrative space to support its mission. Currently, most mission functions are located in renovated 1942-era warehouse space. These warehouses are not energy-efficient and would require another major renovation to bring them into compliance with today’s energy standards.
The operations center project features two stand-alone phases, which are designed to operate together. Each phase will be approved separately, with the chance follow-on projects may have a delay in approval. The projects are set up for construction in fiscal years 2014, 2017 and 2019, with design work starting in FY2012, 2015 and 2017.
FY2014 Operations Center, Phase I
Phase I provides the design and construction of a 252,982-square-foot operations center, which includes the following areas:
- Commanding general officer suite
- Open and individual administrative office areas
- Administrative-support areas (copier, printer, facsimile, shredder, mail distribution, packing, shipping)
- Lobby exhibit and reception space
- Information-processing center
- Multiuse and distance-learning classrooms
- Conference space
- Emergency operations center with uninterruptible power supply
- Employee-support areas (dining, cafeteria, retail space, kitchenette/break, latrine, shower and locker rooms)
- Storage, equipment and supply rooms
- Energy-management control system
- Low-impact development
- Demolition of existing buildings
FY14 Operations Center, Phase II consists of:
- A second administrative building with areas described above
- Small physical fitness facility
- Demolition of an existing DLA building to support new building construction
Standard design for a small physical fitness facility includes fitness and exercise areas, a gymnasium, structured-activity area, locker rooms, control desk, administrative areas, laundry and storage. A three-lane indoor jogging track is also included in the design.