The Norfolk District supports the North Atlantic Divisions construction mission requirements for the Afghanistan Engineer District, or AED, as well as the USACE primary mission of supporting overseas contingency operations, or OCO. All Corps' employees may volunteer for an overseas deployment to Afghanistan, although Norfolk District is mandated by NAD to continually staff "target" job disciplines.
Deployment lengths are six months or one year.
Connect with our districts in Afghanistan
Afghanistan Engineer District North
Afghanistan Engineer District South
How to apply for an overseas deployment
Current Career Norfolk District Employees:
- Prepare & Print Resume from Army Resume Builder.
- Employees seeking a Temporary Promotion or specific position other than that currently held may apply via above website. For further instructions, please see the drop-down How to Apply link at the top of the page, and choose the Job Search Instructions option.
- Prepare Request for Deployment Form, Parts 1 & 2. Notate any Vacancy Announcements/Temporary Promotions applied for.
- Submit Resume & Request for Deployment Form (as attachments to an e-mail) to the Emergency Management Office.
Contractor Employees and non-USACE Employees:
- Apply via Army Resume Builder
- For information and questions, email the North Atlantic Division Deployment Coordinator Administrator or call 347-370-4614.