Public Notice for position be hired under Direct Hire Authority
Public Notice Number: NAO-DHA-RMO-20-01
Opening and Closing Dates: April 15, 2020
Position Title: Financial Management Analyst
Series/Grade: GS-0501-11 or 12 (position may be filled at any level). Only one position will be filled through this Public Notice.
Full Performance Level: GS-12. Promotion to the GS-12 level can occur without further competition once all training, regulatory, and performance requirements are met.
Duty Location: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Norfolk District, Norfolk, VA
Salary Range: $64,318-$83,612 (GS-11); $77,091-$100,223 (GS-12)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or prior to June 8, 2020
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses are not authorized
Travel Requirement: 5% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: U.S Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Eligibility Requirements: An individual who meets the following may apply for the DHA Financial Management Expert in the Department of Defense Workforce: Holds a degree from an institution of higher education in the fields of finance, accounting, management, or actuarial sciences, or a related field, or has equivalent experience to certain financial management positions. Experience in a financial management workforce positions and series includes financial management, accounting, auditing, or cost estimating positions in the 05XX career series; actuarial positions, cost estimating, or operation research positions in the 1510 or 1515 career series; or, business and business administration positions in other career series. Additionally, experience in positions not coded in a 05XX series that perform, supervise, or manage the work of a fiscal, financial management, accounting, auditing, cost and/or budgetary nature may qualify as well. The qualifications requirements below must be met in addition to eligibility requirements.
Qualifications Requirements: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. This education and/or experience must be described and reflected in your resume and/or transcripts. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience.
For the GS-11:
Experience: One year of specialized experience, which includes extracting, compiling and analyzing financial information to develop programmatic and financial management data; preparing financial analyses, and reports to meet customer needs; and, collecting and consolidating financial data to prepare and update reports, charts, graphs and presentations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09). OR
a) Successful completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in the fields of finance, accounting, management or actuarial sciences,
b) Or, completion of 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in the fields of finance, accounting, management or actuarial sciences.
Combination of experience and education: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education by 40. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.
For the GS-12:
Experience: One year of specialized experience, which includes managing or directing the financial resources of an organizational segment; providing advisory services to customers and conducting research and analysis in assigned area of responsibility; and, identifying and analyzing trends and monitoring budget levels. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Responsibilities/Duties: As this is a developmental position, you will work closely with the supervisor and other senior team members. You will be assigned tasks designed to familiarize you with different aspects of the occupation. Tasks will vary depending on the current workload, but may include the following:
1) Assisting senior team members in extracting, compiling and analyzing information from a variety of automated information systems to develop programmatic and budgetary data related to the district’s facility accounts and property, plant, and equipment (PP&E) management.
2) Under the guidance of the supervisor, formulate budgetary requirements for the district’s facility and PP&E accounts, utilizing financial and historical data; provide accounting data and support to budget and program managers for preparation of budgetary and program data; and, complete a variety of reports.
3) Retrieve data using business intelligence, web intelligence, business objects universe concepts and other data/information retrieval platforms. Serve as the primary backup to the district’s Management Analyst; take sole management of the district’s incentive awards program.
4) Informal team lead and primary backup for the district’s budget analysts who process funding, ensuring that funding is processed in a timely manner and solving complex funding problems.
5) Complete formal/informal training, on-the-job training, and or self-development to obtain advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, reference material and work procedures with the goal of becoming a subject matter expert in the field.
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment
2) Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
3) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
4) Personal security investigation required
5) Will be required to serve a 2 year probationary period
6) This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position
7) This is a FM Certification Level 2 position, to be obtained within 2 years of onboarding
8) Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume and official transcripts or other supporting documentation via email to: CENAO-RECRUIT@usace.army.mil. Please submit all information in PDF or Word format. Please ensure your email has the following subject line: "Financial Management Analyst NAO-DHA-RMO-20-001." Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm EST on 15 April 2020.
Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain resume and appropriate support documents, or are submitted in unreadable formats will not be considered.