The Army Corps of Engineers will begin dredging the Rudee Inlet Federal Navigation Project here Monday. The Corps’ dredge Merritt, based out of Wilmington, N.C., will dredge for four days to remove shoaling in the channel. Engineers expect to dredge about 20,000 cubic yards of material, which will be placed directly north of the entrance channel and inlet jetties. The $78,000 project is 72 percent federally funded. Virginia Beach will fund the remaining 28 percent.