NORFOLK, Va. -- Gustav J. Fiebeger became the fifth in command of what would later become the Norfolk District when he took over as officer in charge on July 1, 1890. Under his command, the Norfolk office removed the wreck of the E.L. Pettengill from a local channel, dredged the Norfolk Harbor and reported "progress" on improving the depth and width of the Appomattox River. He left the Norfolk office Nov. 20, 1891.

Download Image: Full Size (1.57 MB)
Photo by: Norfolk District Public Affairs |  VIRIN: 131120-A-OI229-005.JPG